International Tax Planning

International Tax Planning


U.S. based businesses, U.S. citizens, resident aliens, and certain non U.S. taxpayers are subject to U.S. taxation on their worldwide income, from both domestic and foreign sources.  With the increasing collaboration between the United States and other countries, crossborder business transactions and offshore accounts have attracted greater scrutiny.

We represent individuals and businesses both in the United States and abroad dealing with international tax issues.  Our clients include:

  • U.S. citizens living and working abroad
  • U.S. citizens with foreign source income
  • Non U.S. taxpayers with U.S. source income
  • Non U.S.  businesses with U.S. tax reporting requirements and tax liabilities


We assist clients with the following international tax law services customized to each client's unique circumstances:

  • Representation of clients before the Internal Revenue Service, Department of Justice, Tax Court and federal courts in matters involving foreign assets and financial interests
  • Refund of FIRPTA tax withholding made in connection with sale of U.S. real property by non U.S. owners
  • Employment and withholding tax issues for non U.S. companies
  • Taxation of crossborder transactions of U.S. companies
  • Taxation of U.S. transactions of branches and subsidiaries of foreign corporations
  • Transfer pricing of payments for intercompany licenses, services and transfers of assets
  • Strategic tax planning for noncitizens and compliance with immigration-related taxes
  • Reporting of unreported foreign accounts and foreign assets, including FATCA and FBAR compliance


What's next? Contact us today!

Petrova Law is a boutique business law firm focused exclusively on tax and business law matters. The firm assists businesses with tax strategy, IRS representation, sales and purchases of businesses (M&A), and general corporate law from startup launch through growth and maturation to exit and succession.

For more information, call us today at (336) 310-1210, email us, or contact us online.