Tax Disputes and Controversies
IRS Collection: Payment Plans, Offers, Appeals, Liens, Levies, and Seizures
We can work with you to suspend IRS collection activity while we explore options to manage your tax debt:
- Installment Agreements - Negotiate payment terms
- Offers in Compromise - Negotiate tax debt settlements
- Penalty abatements - Evaluate eligibility and negotiate
- IRS Appeals - Negotiate resolution of tax assessments
- U.S. Tax Court - File petitions and defend claims
- Levies - Secure releases of wage and bank levies
- Liens - Secure lien releases
- IRS audits - Assist with responses and audit management
- Innocent Spouse defense
If you owe taxes, the IRS can impose a lien or levy against your income and your property until you pay the liability in full. The IRS can seize your property and use it to satisfy your outstanding tax liability. Liens and levies imposed by the IRS can damage you and your business by causing you to lose assets and income, and by hurting your credit, your reputation, and your ability to meet your other financial obligations.
IRS and State Tax Audits
We can assist with managing IRS and state tax audits involving:
- Business income taxes
- Partnership taxes
- Payroll taxes
- Worker classification: Employee v. Independent Contractor
- Sales tax audits
- Tax penalties
- Valuation disputes
- Change of state residency
We can help with Tax Dispute Resolution services to meet your unique needs.
What's next? Contact us today!
Petrova Law is a boutique business law firm focused exclusively on tax and business law matters. The firm assists businesses with tax strategy, IRS representation, sales and purchases of businesses (M&A), and general corporate law from startup launch through growth and maturation to exit and succession.